Day 4 Bending 2 Judo Roll
- Find out the direction you want to go in.
- Tickle your child (in the area of the abdomen). You want to see a powerful contraction of the muscles of the trunk, bringing elbows and knees together.
- Try stretching and bending again, moving the child's spine in two directions.
- You can sit either at the head or pelvis of the child.
- With a heavy child, you can put some support under the pelvis, this makes it easier.
- Hold the knees and start rolling the pelvis toward the face.
- Pick the easiest direction. This is the most important part! Delicately feeling for the vertebrae that are already able to perform the movement is MUCH more important than lifting high.
- By lifting the pelvis to different heights you target different vertebrae. "Higher" is not "better".
- Watch the breathing. If it stops or the child feels uncomfortable, do less.
- Do small circles with the pelvis at different heights.
- Always go in the direction the child is already turning the head. Some children can easily bring their knees to the ears.